Sunday, July 20, 2014

Swatch Comparison Sunday - Neon Pink

Happy Sunday! I am aware that I have seriously abandoned my Swatch Comparison Sunday posts for a while now, so I was sure to get this ready for today. My intention is to do them every other week now. Trying my best to keep up! 

Anyway, today I have a showdown between two beautiful neon pink/coral polishes. 

China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy has been a long time favorite of nail polish junkies everywhere. So it's no wonder that people were very upset when China Glaze changed the formula on this polish. The new version is pretty much an orange polish as opposed to a pink. Thankfully, I have the original formula, so that's what you're seeing here.

The other polish is from Island Girl- a brand mainly only sold in Las Vegas and Hawaii. When I was in Las Vegas last year, I bought a bunch of their polishes and this was among that haul. 

Here's what these polishes look like on my nails:


As you can see, Flip Flop Fantasy is on my index and ring fingers and Diamond Head Breeze is on my middle and pinky.

Let's talk formulas first, as with most neons, both polishes dried matte so what you see here is topped with top coat. I used just two coats of FFF, although my bottle has gotten kind of thick so maybe with a new bottle you'd need three. DHB was pretty thin, so shown here is three coats. I have to say I preferred DHB's formula.

and color: As you can see, these polishes are actually pretty close in color. It's kind of hard to tell though, because neons are so difficult to accurately photograph. What I can say is that FFF is just a touch more orange than DHB. DHB is a true neon pink. Oh yeah! DHB has a bit of shimmer in it, but it's not really visible on the nail. Some people might be disappointed by this, but I actually much prefer creme polishes, so this is fine with me! 


Overall, I have to say that although FFF has been a long time favorite of mine, I actually prefer DHB. Too bad this brand is only sold in select places! If you're ever in Las Vegas or Hawaii, be sure to stop by an ABC Store to check out these polishes!

Hope this might have been helpful! I'd say this polish is a good alternative to the ever so sought after original formula Flip Flop Fantasy.

Until next time,




1 comment:

  1. I have the old version of FFF and I almost gave it away - I'm glad, I didn't ! Both polishes are beautiful but since I live in Germany it is nearly impossible for me to get the dupe from Island Girl - but thanks for your tip, it could be helpful for many other nailjunkies ;D

    Greetings from Germany!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete