Thursday, August 1, 2013

A is for Aquatic!

Hello Everyone!

Like I said in my last post, I am participating in the ABC Nail Challenge.
 I added this challenge to the letter A.

Without further ado, A is for Aquatic!

WARNING: Slightly picture heavy post.



I was inspired by Kelly at Base Coat Top Coat Nails. Her designs are always so beautiful so when I saw this amazing design I knew I had to try. I opted for a bit more color in my design.

I also added matte top coat. I really like matte top coat with more complex designs because it reduces the glare, making it much easier to see the actual design.


The background is a sponge gradient of Sally Hansen's Pacific Blue and Essie's Bobbing For Baubles. Everything else was painted with acrylic paint. As you can see I used NYC Matte Me Crazy. I would definitely recommend this matte top coat if you're looking for one. It's cheap and works wonderfully!



Here's a close up of the thumb. I really like the turtle.



I couldn't bring myself to only choose a few photos.

Here's how the design looked with just Seche Vite:

The difference isn't too noticeable in this picture but the glare was pretty bad in all of the other pictures.

Okay last picture.

I hope you guys are liking this Alphabet Challenge! Next up is B!

Thanks for reading!

If you have read through this I thank you dearly. I need your help though. I've entered a summer contest and I need votes in order to move on. If you go here and click vote I will be the happiest person ever. I believe you need to vote for three, but it won't take long. Thanks everyone!



6 comments:

  1. I shared this on my new Fab Finds post! Incredible!!

    http://toriamasons-treasures.blogspot.com/2013/08/fab-finds-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness thank you! So cool! Lovely blog as well.

      Delete